Health, Safety and Environment ("HSE") Policy
NXT Energy Solutions Inc. (“NXT”), including all of its Directors, officers, employees and agents, acknowledges and is committed to conducting operations in a workplace that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees, contractors and suppliers. NXT is also committed to following high standards of environmental protection.
Health and Safety Concerns
NXT will meet and endeavor to exceed applicable health and safety legislation and relevant standards. This shall be undertaken with the highest level of ethics and integrity in all business dealings through open and honest communications. To achieve these objectives we will:
- Provide appropriate health and safety training.
- Have a systematic approach to health and safety management designed to meet compliance with all laws and provide continuous performance improvement.
- Consult with employees in developing health and safety targets, reviews and improvements to the health and safety systems.
- Require accurate reporting and investigation of all workplace injury and non-injury accidents and incidents.
- Require all of our employees, contractors and advisors to manage health and safety in line with this policy.
- Include health and safety performance in our staff appraisal processes.
- Provide information and support for safe and early return to work following injury or ill health.
Each NXT employee, consultant and advisor has the responsibility to:
- Protect the safety of themselves, their fellow workers, our clients and others.
- Comply with all Company and regulatory health and safety requirements.
- Play an active and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
- Participate in the promotion and development of safe work practices and procedures.
NXT will always strive to:
- Protect the local environment, and comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Avoid, remedy or mitigate any adverse effects of our operations on air, water, soil, plant and animal life.
- Consider aspects of sustainable management of natural and physical resources.
- Actively monitor and audit compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Consult with government, local authorities, and other regulatory agencies to assist with the formulation of appropriate balanced policies and standards that will assist in safeguarding the environment.
- Acknowledge any concerns that may be raised by local communities regarding potential adverse environmental effects arising from our operations, and to work towards a satisfactory outcome to all parties on such matters.
- Adopt and implement best practice guidelines in our environmental risk management activities.
- Work to obtain the involvement and commitment of all employees and contractors in developing and applying this policy.
- Hold our contractors accountable for adhering to this policy, and ensure satisfactory compliance with any rules or conditions that apply to their activities.
President & CEO